Winterberry Drop-off and Pick-up Traffic Plan
- Children may be dropped off at Winterberry every school day as early as 7:45am. Students are able to remain in the lobby reading books, working on projects or talking with friends until they are dismissed to their classrooms at 8:15am.
- At drop-off, you can choose between parking in the lot and walking your child(ren) in (this is required for Kindergarten aged students) or dropping your child(ren) off in the loading zone.
- If you plan to use the loading zone, please have everything arranged in advance for a quick and safe drop-off.
- Students who are delivered to school at 8:30am or later must be accompanied inside the building, signed in for the day, and delivered to the classroom by a parent. Our main lesson time begins at 8:30am, and the classroom door is closed until a good transition time can be found. The adult dropping off the child should expect to supervise him/her/them until an appropriate classroom transition time. Being on time helps everyone tremendously!
- If you’re coming into the school after school, please do not park in the loading/unloading zone.
- Please pick up your children no later than 15 minutes after the school day ends (3:30pm on full days and 12:45pm on early release days). If you will not be able to pick up your children on time please arrange care through Winterberry Enrichment Program(WEP) or another after school program.
Entering and Exiting The School
- As we can see, our school is located in a residential neighborhood. Winterberry is committed to being a good neighbor and have agreed to yield to local condominium traffic.
- Please yield the speed limits and traffic signs.
- Winterberry’s parking lot is one-way to keep traffic moving efficiently.
- To keep traffic moving – practice airport style parking – If your child isn’t available for pick-up please make another lap around the parking lot to allow others to quickly/efficiently pick-up their children.
Please use the marked cross-walks and remind your children to use the cross-walks to aide in the safety for everyone.